Click this link to access the May 27, 2020 webinar entitled “The Search For Money: How Women Can Negotiate Better Startup Financing“. Victoria Yampolsky shares strategies on how to position your company in the best light and how to create an effective fundraising strategy.
Several resources mentioned in the webinar included:
- Diversity & Inclusion Event on June 11, 2020 with The Cavu Group (link)
- Tech Crunch “Disrupt Now” event on Sept 14-18, 2020 (link) – you can get 10% off with Startup Station discount code: stationstartingup10
- Startup Station’s Courses (link) – you can get 20% off with discount code: CORNELL
- Free resources available at the Startup Station (link). The Startup Investor Search Guide is available if you join the mailing list on the homepage.
Unqork Forward is a Digital Resiliency Program providing COVID-19 relief for small and medium-sized businesses (SMBs) that need to digitize some or all of their business operations. Forward provides access to Unqork’s no-code application development platform and in-house experts to help design and build digital solutions for participating businesses.
If you are selected by Unqork to participate in the Forward program, Unqork will give you, free of charge, a one-year subscription to Unqork and access to one or more of the digital applications that Unqork builds as a result of this program. The Forward program application window ends June 30, 2020. Application information can be found here.
Click this link to access the May 19, 2020 webinar entitled “Your Personal Brand: Leveraging Your Unique Knowledge and Experience”. Elizabeth (Liz) Ngonzi (who is also a facilitator in our program) discusses how to develop a personal brand that can help to set the direction for a career pivot and transition.
Click this link to see the slide deck she references in the webinar.
Click here to access Liz Ngonzi’s website.
A recent article in Business Insider provided a list of five mental health podcasts by psychologists or coaches with 5-star reviews on Apple Podcasts that are addressing coronavirus anxiety and stress.
- Calmer You Podcast: Anxiety & Confidence by Chloe Brotheridge – link
- A Mindful Moment by Teresa McKee – link
- The Anxiety Coaches Podcast by Gina Ryan – link
- Therapy for Black Girls by Joy Harden Bradford, Ph.D. – link
- Your Anxiety Toolkit by Kimberley Quinlan, LMFT – link
In this May 7, 2020 opinion piece in Fortune, Sheryl Sandberg and Rachel Thomas outline the ways in which the pandemic has placed a greater burden on women who are trying to juggle work and home responsibilities. They share that employers, managers, elected officials, and partners need to to more to help lighten that load.